Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Uniform of black and white

You know, if I could, I would be the type of girl who wore only black and white. Well, on some days that's the type of girl I think I'd like to be. There's something severe but quite alluring about sticking to a colour scheme that really conveys nothing about a person. It's secretive and mysterious, your personality hidden behind a a blank slate. These few weeks I've been addicted to this disciplined yet conversely easy combination.
It's important, I've discovered, to always keep your makeup impeccably fresh when working this palette. Skin that doesn't glow could easily slide towards the tired looking end of the scale and completely ruin the chic factor. A rosy blush is essential. And shiny healthy hair pulls everything together neatly. Black and white is graphic, whether worn structured or loosely draped and instantly creates an aura of power, faux or not.
It's my uniform of the moment but self awareness dictates that it won't be long before a blue blazer sneaks up on me!

via

No comments:

Post a Comment