Friday, June 11, 2010

Modern Heroine

The setting isn't exactly Meryton, Hertfordshire but can't you just as easily picture a modern Jane, Mary, Catherine, Lydia, and Elizabeth Bennet in this charming drawing room? When I saw this lovely sun drenched space it immediately struck me with its timeless appeal as if inexplicably suspended between the 1800's and today. The Age of Elegance meshed with stylish modernity. I'm particularly in love with the floating effect of the bean shaped light fixture. This room makes me wish I had four sisters to gossip with, read with, knit with...no no better nix that last one, I wouldn't know how to knit properly even if I had a few centuries to learn it!


desire to inspire

3 comments:

  1. Not exactly my design aesthetic, but i can certainly appreciate what you're saying! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the idea of a "drawing room." And you're right, this one is effortlessly gorgeous and timeless.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following yours now :)

    ReplyDelete