Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bottega Black Out

The Spring collections are sometimes not by favourite, especially when overly bright colours dominate. Pops of fushia, cyan, tangerine, chartreuse, ochre, lime, vermilion make me dizzy. Admittedly, primary colours aren't my thing either. Thus Bottega Veneta's Spring 2011 ready-to-wear collection was a breath of fresh air, my fresh air. Like roaming a circus grounds of unrelenting swirling pigments and finally entering the dark, cool tent filled with mystery and anticipation. Compared to the celebration of spring by adopting all shades of the flowers, this was a sexy, glamourous translation. Cirque du Soleil's KÀ versus Saltimbanco. The loose fitting shapes and breezy materials still a nod to the season.

Multi purpose clothes, these garments could take you from beach to boardroom to the bar in high style. And those Bottega woven bags? I've never much given them a second look but now in that midnight matt black, I've definitely fallen. Hard.






style.com

7 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more, I usually prefer a more subdued palette as well! Great collection this.
    Lovely blog you have :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the tones in this collection. the black jumpsuit is killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo this is right up my street

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god. i would wear all of these in a HEARTBEAT. the bags are indeed YUMMY!!

    xoxo Mode Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more -- and there are so many pieces here to love and appreciate -- my favorites are mostly in the mid-section.

    I hope you are having a fabulous weekend :)
    thank you so much for your lovely comment the other day,

    xo

    ReplyDelete